Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Middle of Nowhere

Last Saturday I got the opportunity to join a group from my church and travel to a corner of Korea to help fix a floor.  Our church had a mission training course that Riley and I attended for the past 11 weeks.  Also in attendance was the pastor of this small country church.  When our church found out he needed help getting a new floor down, they organized a group to go fix it.
We drove 2 hours, 1 down the highway and the other weaving around mountains.  As we got closer, we went up and around a mountain, and a beautiful valley appeared.  It was a drizzly day and everything was green, it looked like a cloud rain forest with rice fields. 
We tackled the floor by putting plastic squares down to raise the floor so the damp wouldn't get in.  Then we layered it with plastic and vinyl and put all the furniture back.
They fed us delicious home cooked Korean food for lunch that had lots of fresh vegetables like zucchini (know here as "green pumpkin"). 
Misty mountains over rice paddies.
Just being in the middle of nowhere was so beautiful.  I got to catch little green frogs too!  I don't know how to get back there, but if I had a choice that was where I would live in Korea.

No comments:

Post a Comment