Sunday, March 25, 2012

Glasses

After 8 years, I finally got new glasses this week.  Glasses are very popular in Korea.  They sell fashion glasses with normal glass in it for the people with good vision.  Here, looking geeky is actually makes you more in fashion.  Having big, thick plastic frames makes you apparently look younger and more attractive.  I prefer the older looking, wire frame glasses. 

A friend of mine and went after 9pm to a shop.  We found a frame I liked, then they examined my eyes to update my prescription.  We waited about 15mins where they had complimentary coffee and tea, then I got my new glasses.  Everything (lenses, frame, and examination) cost about $43, and it took less than an hour.  I think I may get another pair before I leave Korea.

No comments:

Post a Comment